Hours of work: 5 days per week, Monday to Friday, flexible
Duties range from painting, heavy cleaning, small carpentry work, basic plumbing, and work supporting safety and security.
What are the benefits?
- Work experience in maintenance which will complement your CV Training in awareness of domestic abuse and related issues.
- Build your confidence and assertiveness.
- A brilliant CV booster: professional reference letter and certificates of achievement upon completion.
What activities will I be involved in?
- Painting and decorating as required Joinery.
- First line maintenance of fixtures and fittings Plumbing un-blocking sinks, traps and waste pipes.
- Clearing and organising spaces, rooms and to dispose of waste materials in a safe, hygienic manner ensuring that it is available for collection as required Carry out some ground’s maintenance.
What skills and abilities will I need to have?
- Basic knowledge of general Maintenance and Health & Safety regulations.
- Confidence and physical ability to be able to carry out some physical tasks.
- To attend minimum of one evacuation training session a year.
- To be vigilant always about the safety and security of service users, colleagues and yourself and to alert the manager of any problems quickly and clearly.
Location: The Haven, Wolverhampton
Hours: 5 days per week, Monday to Friday, flexible
Training: Volunteers will be expected to complete the following training:
- Domestic Abuse Awareness (one-day course)
- Safeguarding Adults and Children
Responsible to: Finance & Business Manager
Expenses: The Haven offers reimbursement of travel expenses
Due to the nature of our work, Schedule 9 (1) of the Equality Act 2010 applies therefore applications from women only will be considered.
Under the Care Standards Act 2000, all roles are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
If you interested in this voluntary role, download the application form and follow the instructions to complete it. Once completed, please send it via email to the email address stated on the form.