Children & Young People Creche Volunteer
Hours of work: Minimum 4 hours per week, during evenings, Saturdays or term holidays
To support The Haven Children’s and Young Persons (CYP) service to ensure that that services offered to Children and Young People (CYP) are of a high standard and meet the needs of CYP.
You will organize and take part in activities for CYP in refuge accommodation and across the community.
You will work with CYP and offer a creche facility to those within refuge setting
You will ensure safeguarding policies and procedures are followed at all times, and ensure that the wellbeing of CYP is at the forefront of all work carried out.
What are the benefits?
- You have an interest in working with The Haven Wolverhampton and would like the opportunity to learn new skills
- You would like to share your existing skills and experience to benefit the organisations service provision to women and children
- Certificate of achievements
- Reference letter upon completion of volunteering
- Work experience to add to your CV
- Access to guided support from The Haven team
- Become part of an established Volunteer Service which enables volunteer pathways to be progressing in education, training or paid work
What activities will I be involved in?
- Provide child appropriate play sessions, whilst taking feedback into consideration
- Ability to get upskilled to conduct 1-1 interventions for children.
- To monitor play equipment and the need for replacements according to health and safety requirements
- To understand CYP safeguarding and the importance of early intervention
- To support the CYP across The Haven Wolverhampton to improve the involvement of women and children in their work
- To participate in and facilitate meaningful involvement by running activities for CYP in refuge and across the community
- Organising and providing childcare, therefore enabling service users to access activities without childcare barrier
- Providing activities in refuge for the children from sport activities, arts and crafts, education and mindfulness
What skills and abilities will I need to have?
- Experience of working directly with children
- Working towards a relevant and recognised Level 3 qualification
- A person-centred approach to supporting women and children
- An awareness of issues affecting survivors of domestic abuse
- Experience of designing and facilitating activities in a creative manner
- Experience of engaging CYP in improving service delivery
- Experience of working independently, organising and prioritising own workload
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work as a team
- Experience of setting up and managing new activities/projects
Location: The Haven, Wolverhampton
Hours: Minimum 4 hours per week, flexible
Training: Volunteers will be expected to complete the following training:
- Domestic Abuse Awareness (one-day course)
- Safeguarding Adults and Children
Responsible to: CYP Training Manager
Expenses: The Haven offers reimbursement of travel expenses
Due to the nature of our work, Schedule 9 (1) of the Equality Act 2010 applies therefore applications from women only will be considered.
Under the Care Standards Act 2000, all roles are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
If you interested in this voluntary role, download the application form and follow the instructions to complete it. Once completed, please send it via email to the email address stated on the form.