Collection Tin Volunteer
Hours of work: Once or twice a month, flexible
As a collection tin volunteer, you will play a key role in collection and exchange of tins, thanking supporters and updating them on how much they have raised.
What are the benefits?
- Reference letter upon completion of volunteering
- Work experience to add to your CV
- Access to guided support from The Haven team
- Become part of an established Volunteer Service which enables volunteer pathways to progress in education, training or paid work.
What activities will I be involved in?
- The Haven has collecting tins placed both in Wolverhampton city centre and surrounding areas. We are ideally seeking a volunteer with a car but, where not available, a volunteer with access to public transport into the city centre could focus on tins in this area.
- There is the opportunity to have greater involvement by supporting the processing of income once the tins have been collected, dependent on the aspirations of each volunteer.
What skills and abilities will I need to have?
- Adhere to Health and Safety policy
- Good communication skills, & listening skills
- Good interpersonal skills, recognising the value of our supporters
- Access to a car is desirable
Location: The Haven, Wolverhampton
Hours: Once or twice a month, flexible
Training: Volunteers will be expected to complete the following training:
- Safeguarding Adults and Children
Responsible to: Fundraising Manager
Expenses: The Haven offers reimbursement of travel expenses
Under the Care Standards Act 2000, all roles are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
If you interested in this voluntary role, download the application form and follow the instructions to complete it. Once completed, please send it via email to the email address stated on the form.