Pay: £9.50 per hour (Living Wage Employer)
Hours of work: Sessional, ad-hoc hours
Department: Business & Finance
Line Manager: Facilities Officer
- The person appointed will support with maintenance works in line with current policies.
- You will be part of the maintenance team, closely working with the Facilities Officer and the maintenance team.
- The general maintenance duties will include household repairs such as lighting, day to day household repairs, assembly of furniture items, minor plumbing, blocked sinks, gardening and minor carpentry.
- The person appointed will ensure that work is completed safely, and with minimal disruption to staff and service users
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- To deal with minor repairs where necessary as instructed by the Facilities Officer.
The repairs will be varied.
- To support with internal projects which might include gardening and painting
- Capable of working on own initiative, identify necessary repairs and report to the Facilities Officer.
- Ability to work as part of a team and have good problem-solving skills to face unexpected issues that may arise.
- Regularly check external areas for any potential danger to people on site.
- Support the Facilities Officer to ensure service users and staff are always in a safe environment.
- Be able to follow up uncompleted works.
General Duties & Responsibilities
- To undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as maybe reasonably required, and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this job.
- To have personal responsibility for maintaining personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job and The Haven, by undertaking appropriate training and development activities. This includes encouraging and supporting staff and managers in their training and development.
- To undertake any health and safety training and related activities such as First Aid, Fire Marshall, Duty Hold, Health & Safety representative etc. as required for the post and as required by The Haven Wolverhampton to ensure their Health & Safety Policy is implemented effectively.
- To ensure equality of opportunity both in service provision and employment, having regard to the needs of the diverse communities we serve.
- To act in accordance with the organisations standing orders, financial regulations and financial procedures.
- To supervise and support volunteers and placement as required
- To comply with legislation and The Haven’s policies including Confidentiality, Information Sharing, Data Protection, Computer Security, Safeguarding vulnerable adults and children, and Human Rights.
- To undertake any other duties commensurate with the grading of the post subject to reasonable adjustment under the Equality Act.
- To support hostel staff in ensuring the well-being of residents and their children working directly with our client group, including working within the hostels if required using the skills associated with the job.
- The duties of the post may change and develop from time to time in the light of new legislation, The Haven’s Policies, organisational development and social trends. Such development will be monitored in conjunction with the Chief Executive and will be reflected as necessary in the aims and objectives of the post.
Special Conditions: (if applicable e.g. unsociable hours, extensive travel etc.)
Able to work unsociable hours on occasions if required to undertake internal Haven activities or external continued professional development activities.
- Experience of facilities maintenance, and general maintenance.
- Experience of working within the voluntary/charitable sector in a residential setting.
Knowledge & Understanding:
- Knowledge of Health and Safety and good working practices.
Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrate a flexible approach and ability to work on own initiative and part of a team.
- Ability to apply professional judgment to solve complex problems to achieve outcomes to support the organisational objectives.
Qualifications & Training:
- Trade qualifications and/or experience.
- Relevant professional Health & Safety qualification NEBOSH, ISOH
Other special requirements:
- Be committed to the aims and objectives of The Haven Wolverhampton in supporting women and any dependent children who are homeless through reasons such as domestic violence.
- Able to work unsociable hours on occasions if required to undertake internal Haven activities or external continued professional development activities.
Closing Date: Ongoing
Under the Care Standards Act 2000; all posts are subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
This project receives financial support from Wolverhampton City Council. Registered Charity No. 10654
To apply for this role, please download the application pack below. Follow the instructions to complete it. Once completed, please send it to the email address stated in the pack. Alternatively you can email email@example.com to request an application pack or send an A4 self-addressed envelope with 95p postage stating the job title to: The Haven Wolverhampton, 18 Waterloo Road, Wolverhampton, WV1 4BL.