Domestic Abuse Workplace Champions Webinar
15 March 2022 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm£70.00
About this Event
It is not always easy to detect when an employee is being subjected to Domestic Abuse, but by recognising the abuse at an early stage it can help break the silence and encourage employees to disclose in a safe non-judgemental environment.
This course will help you to ensure all staff feel safe and supported in the workplace and promote a zero-tolerance message.
The training covers a wide range of topics such as:
• Domestic Abuse and the use of coercion.
• An understanding of how supporting/working alongside a victim/survivor may impact on colleagues and managers.
• Recognising the signs and symptoms of someone being subjected to Domestic Abuse.
• Supporting an employee who is being subjected to Domestic Abuse in the workplace.
• Asking the question and responding effectively to a disclosure.
• Domestic Abuse policy and procedures – the way forward.
• Further resources that can be utilised after the webinar.
Who should attend the webinar – employers and HR staff, small and large organisations who want to learn how important a domestic abuse policy is, how Domestic Abuse can follow an employee in the workplace and stages needed for an effective safety plan, strategies for managers/ HR staff to feel confident when an employee has disclosed incidents of Domestic Abuse, best practice in dealing with the situation where the victim and the perpetrator work in the same organisation, and perpetrators of abuse.
The training is a recognised CPD (Continuing Professional Development) Training. Once completed, attendees will receive a CPD certificate.
This webinar will be accessed through MS Teams, prior to the sessions please check you have access to MS Teams and that you have picture and sound on your device. No refunds are possible for this event, but tickets are transferable to future webinars of the same value.