Overview: This training will increase your awareness on staying safe within your workplace. We will take you through your personal responsibility to yourself and others as you move through professional situations in and around front-line service roles.
By the end of the session, you will:
- Understand your own responsibilities, and the responsibilities of others in relation to health, safety and wellbeing and supporting legislation
- Be able to carry out own responsibilities for health, safety and risk management in settings and the community
- Know and understand the importance of moving and handling safely
- Understand the importance of hazard management and fire safety in DA settings
- Have a greater understanding of security and risk in DA settings
- Have considered your own well-being as a practitioner.
This training is aimed at any professional whose work brings them into contact with adults from the voluntary, statutory, and private sectors e.g., Professionals who have direct (face to face) or indirect (over the phone) contact. This may include but is not limited to specialist domestic abuse agencies, refuge staff, social care, health workers, doctors, PCSOs, health and social care sector, voluntary sector, support workers, housing officers, and community leaders.
Duration: 2 hour