Voluntary Role: Treasurer (Board Member)
We are looking to recruit a new female Board member who has significant experience of working at both a strategic and operational level in a Finance role; who would be able to provide expert advice and guidance to the Board and senior staff members on Financial matters in the role of Treasurer.
This is a voluntary role although reasonable expenses would be reimbursed and will require attendance at meetings throughout the year. Although the refuge services are based in Wolverhampton; there is no requirement for Trustees to live locally as attendance at meetings can be done ‘virtually’. This is an ideal development opportunity for people looking to undertake a non-executive role working within the Charity Sector.
The Haven provides excellent training and awareness in Domestic Abuse and other related areas; all trustees are expected to undertake The Haven’s core training (currently four sessions) and annual refreshers, and were possible we deliver these flexibly around Trustees other work commitments. We particularly welcome applications from women who can demonstrate a commitment to ending violence against women and girls, and who hold feminist values of female liberation, empowerment and independence.
The Haven Board have overall responsibility for Finance. This position will provide board members with guidance on their responsibilities in line with the Charity Commission.
Board Member should have recent and relevant background and experience in the field of Finance and understanding Charity Accounts.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- To maintain an overview of the Haven Wolverhampton’s financial affairs.
- To advise Board Members on relevant matters which assist The Haven to meet its legal and statutory requirements under its Governing Document Charity Commission/Law Company Law and any other relevant legislations or regulations.
- To ensure the organisation applies its resources exclusively in pursuance of its objectives.
- To ensure that accurate Financial records and procedures are maintained.
- To Chair the Finance Sub Committee.
- To be available to support the Chief Executive, Senior Manager for Finance and Business or any other member of the team practically with any Finance queries.
If you require any further information or would like to discuss further, do not hesitate to contact us. If you are interested in applying for this role please send your current CV detailing your skills and experience to: Popinder Kaur – Chief Executive, Popinder.Kaur@havenrefuge.org.uk