Voluntary Role: ‘The Enterprise’ CIC Director
(To act as a Director on the Board of the CIC, ‘The Enterprise’)
CIC Director to oversee the work of The Haven Enterprise, a social enterprise focused on growing income-generating business ventures in order to deliver income to The Haven Wolverhampton and provide training and employment opportunities to women who have experienced abuse, violence and homelessness. This role is an unpaid voluntary position.
What are the benefits?
- Utilising existing knowledge and skills to support the governance and strategic direction of the CIC
- Support Development/CPD
- Gain or enhance a working knowledge of CIC operational activity
- Access to free CPD Accredited specialist training on violence and abuse
What activities will I be involved in?
- Attending and actively contributing to CIC Director meetings throughout the year (quarterly) with additional meetings agreed as required (limited)
- Supporting with follow up actions on an ad hoc basis
- Any other activities relevant to your background/experience in relation to operational CIC activities
What skills, attributes and abilities will I need to have?
- Prior involvement in strategic governance/organisational leadership role
- Lived experience of abuse or violence
- Motivated and passionate about work supporting women and children
- Self-starter and active in identifying and sharing new opportunities
- Desirable – experience of setting up a business/businesses
- Desirable – experience of income generation for social causes
- Desirable – experience of communications/PR/marketing
Location: Flexible – MS Teams Meetings
Frequency: Quarterly meetings, additional actions as agreed in between, to fit to the individuals schedule. Additional Meetings to be agreed as required.
Remuneration: Unpaid, voluntary role. Travel and expenses in relation to the role will be paid
If you require any further information or would like to discuss further, do not hesitate to contact us. If you are interested in applying for this role please send your current CV detailing your skills and experience to: Popinder Kaur – Chief Executive, Popinder.Kaur@havenrefuge.org.uk