Peer Mentor Volunteer
Hours of work: One day per week
Work with refuge and project leads within The Haven Wolverhampton to co-ordinate activities and support groups for the service users and their children as well as other activities and events
What are the benefits?
- Work experience in peer mentoring which will complement your CV
- Training in awareness of domestic abuse and related issues
- Build your confidence and assertiveness
- A brilliant CV booster
- Professional reference letter and certificates of achievement upon completion
What activities will I be involved in?
- Develop Women’s engagement and encourage service users to take part in the activities/ training provided at The Haven
- Design and facilitate an activity programme that meets the needs of both women and children
- Support those who directly deliver the activities ensuring that they run on time and the service users are well informed to attend
- To adhere to the Health & Safety, Equality and Diversity, Finance, Code and Ethics and Confidentiality and policies and procedures
What skills and abilities will I need to have?
- Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to implement the principles of equality of opportunity, anti-discrimination and anti-oppressive practices and working within these principles
- Commitment to working in support of women and children
- Ability to work using own initiative and work independently
- Help service users overcome any barriers, offering support and appropriate advice
Location: The Haven, Wolverhampton
Hours: One day per week
Training: Volunteers will be expected to complete the following training:
- Domestic Abuse Awareness (one-day course)
- Safeguarding Adults and Children
Responsible to: Community Team Manager
Expenses: The Haven offers reimbursement of travel expenses
Due to the nature of our work, Schedule 9 (1) of the Equality Act 2010 applies therefore applications from women only will be considered.
Under the Care Standards Act 2000, all roles are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
If you interested in this voluntary role, download the application form and follow the instructions to complete it. Once completed, please send it via email to the email address stated on the form.