Role: Benefits & Immigration Volunteer
Hours of work: Full time/ Part-time, Monday – Friday, flexible hours
To Assist the Benefits and Immigration Officer with duties daily, helping residents claim benefits and updating database and understanding immigration issues.
What are the benefits?
- An opportunity to develop your financial/debt advice skills under The Haven’s Financial Capability Service training & induction
- Certificate of achievements
- Reference letter upon completion of volunteering
- Work experience to add to your CV
- Access to guided support from The Haven team
- Become part of an established Volunteer Service which enables volunteer pathways to progressing in education, training or paid work.
What activities will I be involved in?
- Provide administrative support to our Immigration and benefits officer. This department gives assistance and to all Haven residents regarding their entitlement to
- welfare and housing benefits
- Support women with no recourse to public funds
- Help working residents with budgeting for rent and financial difficulties
- Review Payment Plans
- Keep our electronic database up to date, filing and archiving documents
- Sending emails to Internal/External partners
- Visiting Refuge and helping with benefit drop-in sessions
What skills and abilities will I need to have?
- Office Experience
- Data Protection understanding and adhering to Policy and Procedures
- Ability to adhere to relevant Haven Policies and procedures and to maintain
- Adhere to Health and Safety policy
- Ability to engage with Refuge staff and external agencies
- Good communication skills, listening skills , understanding scope and written skills
Location: The Haven, Wolverhampton
Hours: Full time/ Part time Monday – Friday Flexible hours
Training: Volunteers will be expected to complete the following training:
- Domestic Abuse Awareness (one-day course)
- Safeguarding Adults and Children
Responsible to: Benefits & Migration officer
Expenses: The Haven offers reimbursement of travel expenses
Due to the nature of our work, Schedule 9 (1) of the Equality Act 2010 applies therefore applications from women only will be considered.
Under the Care Standards Act 2000, all roles are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
If you interested in this voluntary role, download the application form and follow the instructions to complete it. Once completed, please send it via email to the email address stated on the form.