Pay: £15 per hour (Living Wage Employer)
Hours of work: Sessional, flexible
Line Manager: Training and Research Manager
The post holder will be responsible for the summative and formative Internal Verification of candidates at The Haven Wolverhampton, ensuring Awarding Body Standards are met and achievement is timely.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- To ensure all Awarding Body procedures are being complied with, and that the award of credit and qualifications to learners is secure.
- To maintain a system to monitor assessment practice and maintain standardisation of assessment judgement, ensuring assessors make valid decisions and learners are assessed fairly to ensure consistency.
- To maintain files and up to date records, sampling plans relating to assessors and internal verification carried out.
- To be responsible to monitor the quality of assessment through the sampling of assessment practices and decisions.
- To ensure that assessment is appropriate, consistent, fair, and transparent and does not unintentionally discriminate against any learner.
- To ensure tutors/assessors receive on-going advice and support, for example in designing assessment activities and receive clear and constructive feedback on their work.
- To participate in regular standardisation/network meetings to ensure compliance with the Centre’s procedures and regulatory body requirements.
- To promote good practice and abide by all The Haven Wolverhampton’s policies and procedures.
Special Conditions: (if applicable e.g. unsociable hours, extensive travel etc.)
Able to work unsociable hours on occasions if required to undertake internal Haven activities or external continued professional development activities.
- Experience as an Assessor and Internal Verifier.
- A thorough practical knowledge and understanding of teaching and learning.
- Experience of sampling and evaluating assessment practices.
- Experience working in either the voluntary or statutory sector with victims of domestic abuse.
Knowledge & Understanding:
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of domestic abuse.
- An understanding of adult learners, their characteristics and motivation.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of verification and standardisation.
- Knowledge of quality assurance and improvement processes.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Data Protection/ GDPR.
- Demonstrate an awareness and understanding of Health & Safety issues related to this post.
- Knowledge of the voluntary / charitable sector.
Skills & Abilities:
- An ability to demonstrate excellent communication skills, providing feedback and guidance constructively.
- Sound IT skills (e.g., Word, Power Point, Internet, e-mail, and databases).
- A positive and motivating, results driven, solution focused approach.
- Ability to take responsibility for own work.
- Effective negotiation, interpersonal, organisational and time management skills.
- Demonstrate ability to meet targets and deadlines.
Qualifications & Training:
- Qualification in Domestic Abuse or Health and Social Care or Social Work.
- Assessors Award D32/D33/A1
- Internal Verifiers Award D34/V1
- Level 4 Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice.
Other special requirements:
- Able to work unsociable hours on occasions if required to undertake internal Haven activities or external continued professional development activities.
- To comply with legislation and The Haven’s policies including Confidentiality, Information Sharing, Data Protection, GDPR, Computer Security, Safeguarding CYP’s and Adults at Risk, and Human Rights.
- To ensure equality of opportunity both in service provision and employment, having regard to the needs of the diverse communities we serve.
- To undertake any other duties commensurate with the grading of the post subject to reasonable adjustment under the Equality Act.
- Be committed to the aims and objectives of The Haven Wolverhampton in supporting women and any dependent children who are homeless through reasons such as domestic violence.
Closing Date: Ongoing
Under the Care Standards Act 2000; all posts are subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service. Due to the nature of our work Schedule 9 (1) of the Equality Act 2010 applies, therefore applications from women only will be considered. The Haven Wolverhampton is an equal opportunities employer.
This project receives financial support from Wolverhampton City Council. Registered Charity No. 10654
To apply for this role, please download the application pack below. Follow the instructions to complete it. Once completed, please send it to the email address stated in the pack. Alternatively you can email email@example.com to request an application pack or send an A4 self-addressed envelope with 95p postage stating the job title to: The Haven Wolverhampton, 18 Waterloo Road, Wolverhampton, WV1 4BL.