Role: Performance Impact Analyst
Grade/Pay Scale: £27,500 per annum (Living Wage Employer)
Hours of work: 30 – 37.5 hours per week (flexible)
Lead on developing an insight-led performance culture within The Haven Wolverhampton.
Responsible for reporting the organisation’s performance to Board and Senior Managers and for providing new insight and intelligence for teams across the organisation using a range of visualization tools.
Ensure The Haven meets its external reporting requirements and will use benchmarking to provide comparative performance information. You will lead on quality of the data, impact and outcomes and work with staff across The Haven to implement effective performance governance standards which ensure that the quality of our data and is good.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead on the development of information and performance monitoring systems in response to the requirements of the organisation and external partners.
- Work with Senior Managers to agree key performance indicators and targets in line with the changing requirements of the organisation.
- Produce regular performance reports for the Board and Senior Managers.
- Lead on the Statistical Data Return and outcomes /impact reports and support delivery of contract monitoring and returns.
- Provide benchmarking insight, by participating in and developing networks of peer. organisations to provide comparative information about The Haven’s performance.
Insight and Analysis:
- Produce and analyse data in order to provide insight and intelligence in line with organisational priorities.
- Develop a suite of self-service reports for managers.
- Develop and maintain a set of interactive dashboards to provide insights to help inform decision making.
- Support the Development team to develop new growth opportunities.
- Promote the use of data and analytical methods across the organisation, and support managers to analyse and report on the performance of their services.
- Produce workforce data as and when required by Senior Managers and Human Resources.
- Implement a data quality framework to embed good data governance standards across The Haven.
- Ensure that contractual KPIs and externally reported data are reported accurately, and that data meets quality standards.
Impact and Case Studies:
- Develop visualisation tools illustrating health outcomes for both an individual and families across both a range of services and specific services.
- NOTE: The role may also require collecting case study information directly from service users across various service areas including going in to refuge if required.
- Experience of using information systems and analysis of data and research,
- Skilled in impact and outcomes analysis,
- Skilled in use of data analysis and visualisation tools,
- Experience of managing data to ensure it meets quality standard.
- Experience of collecting sensitive research information directly from service users,
- Experience of meeting information requirements in a contractual and statutory environment,
- Experience of producing management information from multiple systems.
Knowledge & Understanding:
- A good understanding of performance management principles and their application,
- Understanding of the importance of data for research, funding, commissioning, shaping policy, strategy and service development,
- Knowledge of research methods for establishing data sets and performance outcomes measures,
- A good understanding of information governance principles and GDPR.
- Understanding of Haven charity commission compliance for audit reporting.
Skills & Abilities:
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications, most importantly Microsoft Excel Ability to independently analyse, manipulate and critique data and information and source,
- Ability to train non-IT users to input required information into systems,
- Excellent communication skills,
- Excellent organisational skills,
- An ability to analyse and interpret data and to present the key messages from it,
- An ability to analyse organisational requirements and develop solutions that meet these needs.
Qualifications & Training:
- Qualification in relevant subject area including data management, information systems, research, project management,
- Experience of writing and presenting performance reports including qualitative and quantitative measures,
- Experience in research techniques to collate and gather quantitative information.
Other special requirements:
- Able to work unsociable hours on occasions if required to undertake internal Haven activities or external continued professional development activities.
- Be committed to the aims and objectives of The Haven Wolverhampton in supporting women and any dependent children who are homeless through reasons such as domestic violence.
Closing Date: 13th October 2021
Under the Care Standards Act 2000; all posts are subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service. Due to the nature of our work Schedule 9 (1) of the Equality Act 2010 applies, therefore applications from women only will be considered. The Haven Wolverhampton is an equal opportunities employer.
This project receives financial support from Wolverhampton City Council.
Registered Charity No. 10654
To apply for this role, please download the application pack below. Follow the instructions to complete it. Once completed, please send it to the email address stated in the pack. Alternatively you can email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application pack or send an A4 self-addressed envelope with 95p postage stating the job title to: The Haven Wolverhampton, 18 Waterloo Road, Wolverhampton, WV1 4BL.