Role: Maintenance Support Worker
Pay: £9.50 per hour (Living Wage Employer)
Hours of work: 25 hours (Flexible)
Job Placement Summary: Duties range from painting, heavy cleaning, small carpentry work, basic plumbing, and work supporting safety and security.
What are the benefits?
- Work experience in maintenance which will complement your CV
What activities will I be involved in?
- Painting and decorating as required
- First line maintenance of fixtures and fittings
- Plumbing – un-blocking sinks, traps and waste pipes.
- Clearing and organising spaces, rooms and to dispose of waste materials in a safe, hygienic manner ensuring that it is available for collection as required Carry out some ground’s maintenance.
Essential skills, experience & qualifications:
Basic knowledge of general Maintenance and Health & Safety regulations.
- Confidence and physical ability to be able to carry out some physical tasks.
- To be vigilant always about the safety and security of service users, colleagues and yourself and to alert the manager of any problems quickly and clearly.
Details of employability support (training opportunities/mentor):
The trainee will, as part of their role, undertake a wrap-around 6-month programme of employability and developmental training, delivered by Charityworks – the UK non-profit sector’s talent programme with over a decade of experience supporting young people to kickstart their career to create social change. Learning together with their Kickstart peers across the charity sector, all sharing similar values and career motivations, this programme will be similar in approach to the national Charityworks scheme (www.charity-works.co.uk).
It will comprise a range of onboarding support, skills sessions aimed at developing employability, national conferences, group workshops, peer coaching and practical toolkits all delivered through the Charityworks Digital Learning Platform. Charityworks are currently exploring the possibility for the Kickstart Learning Programme to be an endorsed ILM (Institute of Leadership & Management) opportunity, and for them to be able to offer in real life delivery as and when government restrictions allow.
If you interested in this role, you can apply for roles advertised via the Kickstart Scheme by speaking to your Work Coach at your local Job Centre to request a referral.