Role: Cleaning Supervisor
Salary: £21,000 per annum (Living Wage Employer)
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week
Line Manager: Enterprise Manager
To oversee and support the growth and development of The Haven Wolverhampton’s cleaning service. The role will entail general cleaning duties initially to build and mentor the team. You will then be managing day to day delivery of service across a range of sites within the Wolverhampton area.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Supporting a diverse workforce.
Support of the selection and recruitment of cleaning teams, along with ensuring compliance with on-going training needs and appraisals
Client visits and service reviews.
Quality auditing and improving compliance and standards.
Monitoring stock levels and processing orders.
Support of new business generation.
Manage a rota of staff to ensure all cleaning needs are met efficiently.
General Duties & Responsibilities
- To undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as maybe reasonably required, and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this job.
- To have personal responsibility for maintaining personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job and The Haven, by undertaking appropriate training and development activities. This includes encouraging and supporting staff and managers in their training and development.
- To undertake any health and safety training and related activities such as First Aid, Fire Marshall, Duty Hold, Health & Safety representative etc. as required for the post and as required by The Haven Wolverhampton to ensure their Health & Safety Policy is implemented effectively.
- To ensure equality of opportunity both in service provision and employment, having regard to the needs of the diverse communities we serve.
- To act in accordance with the organisations standing orders, financial regulations and financial procedures.
- To supervise and support volunteers and placement as required
- To comply with legislation and The Haven’s policies including Confidentiality, Information Sharing, Data Protection, Computer Security, Safeguarding vulnerable adults and children, and Human Rights.
- To undertake any other duties commensurate with the grading of the post subject to reasonable adjustment under the Equality Act.
- To support hostel staff in ensuring the well-being of residents and their children working directly with our client group, including working within the hostels if required using the skills associated with the job.
- The duties of the post may change and develop from time to time in the light of new legislation, The Haven’s Policies, organisational development and social trends. Such development will be monitored in conjunction with the Chief Executive and will be reflected as necessary in the aims and objectives of the post.
Special Conditions: (if applicable e.g. unsociable hours, extensive travel etc.)
Able to work unsociable hours on occasions if required to undertake internal Haven activities or external continued professional development activities.
- Previous cleaning experience.
- Previous supervision experience in daily cleaning activities in a commercial setting.
- Introduction of cleaning processes and procedures.
- Leading a team to drive change and transform cleaning services.
- A proven track record of delivering results through engaging a team.
- Stock orders for cleaning supplies and equipment.
- Health and Safety experience.
- Working with an all-female team.
- Knowledge of how to lead teams and drive change through work experience.
- Other relevant cleaning experience such as deep cleaning services.
Knowledge & Understanding:
- Cleaning practices, processes and procedures in a commercial setting.
- Setting of work schedules.
- Knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety legislation and regulations
- Mentoring and training of staff.
- An understanding of either social enterprises and/or the women’s sector.
- Other areas of cleaning such as deep cleaning, private properties, ironing services, garment repair services.
- Understanding of domestic abuse.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work to high quality standards.
- Flexibility to work as an active member of the team when necessary.
- A ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Ability to motivate the cleaning teams.
- Desire to grow our social enterprise.
- Excellent client communication skills.
- The ability to present information clearly.
- Good organisational skills.
- Excellent time management.
- Highly professional in all aspects of the role.
- Sensitivity to working/living spaces.
- Ability to respect confidentiality.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft packages such as Excel.
- Business development skills
- Development of a business or contract.
Qualifications & Training:
- Relevant cleaning qualifications or desire to achieve those.
- IOSH qualifications.
- British Institute of Cleaning Science.
- C&G Practical Cleaning Skills Award.
- Cleaning apprenticeship.
Other special requirements:
- Ability to pass a DBS security check prior to employment.
- Access to own vehicle for the purposes of travelling for work.
Closing Date: 24th September
Under the Care Standards Act 2000; all posts are subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
To apply for this role, please download the application pack below. Follow the instructions to complete it. Once completed, please send it to the email address stated in the pack. Alternatively you can email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application pack or send an A4 self-addressed envelope with 95p postage stating the job title to: The Haven Wolverhampton, 18 Waterloo Road, Wolverhampton, WV1 4BL.