Role: Female Therapeutic Support Worker
Pay: £15 per hour (Living Wage Employer)
Hours of work: Sessional
- To identify good quality therapeutic resources to support children’s emotional development and well-being during group sessions.
- Provide one to one individual therapeutic sessions and group sessions as identified in The Haven’s Work plan and Child and Young Persons Individual Support Plans.
- Work with external agencies to include (Health, Early Help Teams/strengthening families Hubs, Children Social Care, Schools, Education psychologist, Child and Adult Mental Health ‘services, Glasshouse College, Gazebo theatre etc). To ensure Child and Young Person’s overall well-being and individual development is of a high standard.
- Provide a wide range of therapeutic sessions and tailored interventions that is designed for various age groups within our refuge accommodation and The Haven’s Hub.
- To maintain a safe, healthy and child friendly environment for Children and Young People within The Haven’s services.
- Deliver wishes and feeling session in The Haven Hub to meet the needs of Young People referred from community or external services.
- Set up Children and Young People Focus group as a vehicle for Children and Young People surviving domestic violence to become empowered and their voices heard
- Design basic therapeutic sessions for mom and child to learn together outside of planned therapeutic sessions.
- Support with any concerns whether physical, emotional, educational or developmental that mom may have.
- To attend relevant meetings as agreed with/requested by Line Manager.
- To maintain up to date case notes.
- To be committed to the principles of Equal Opportunities and anti-discriminatory practices and to work within a multicultural client group.
All posts are subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service. Due to the nature of our work Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010 applies, therefore applications from women only will be considered. The Haven Wolverhampton is an equal opportunities employer
This project receives financial support from Wolverhampton City Council. Registered Charity No. 1065427
To apply for this role, please download the application pack below. Follow the instructions to complete it. Once completed, please send it to the email address stated in the pack. Alternatively you can email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application pack or send an A4 self-addressed envelope with 95p postage stating the job title to: The Haven Wolverhampton, 18 Waterloo Road, Wolverhampton, WV1 4BL.