Role: CYP Counsellor
Pay: £20 per hour (Living Wage Employer)
Hours of work: Varied hours dependant on requirement
- Prioritise safeguarding of CYP, manage risks, complete MARFs and contact MASH for additional support as required.
- Ensure knowledge and understanding of Safeguarding Children, completing referrals, raising concern where necessary.
- Completing initial sessions with women and decide on adequate intervention required that would benefit individual clients
- To conduct talking therapeutic sessions with woman, combining different styles of psychology and psychotherapy in accordance with the needs of each individual
- To be aware of and able to recognise cultural, traditional and religious expectations, effects and the repercussions.
- Knowledge and understanding of domestic abuse, honour based abuse, FGM, forced marriage, coercive control.
- Collaborate with other professionals, learn from them and share ideas proven techniques that have proven successful
- Utilise a variety of modalities, adaptable to suit the client’s needs
- To have an additional language will be an advantage
- To have knowledge of different interventions to use where age appropriate due to each child.
- To have knowledge of and or be open to learning about immigration, the process, the experience and legalities involved as well as the limitations on an individual without UK Status
- To have knowledge of and/or experience in addictions, sexual violence, all areas of domestic abuse, trauma, childhood abuse, historical issues effect on present day.
All posts are subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service. Due to the nature of our work Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010 applies, therefore applications from women only will be considered. The Haven Wolverhampton is an equal opportunities employer
This project receives financial support from Wolverhampton City Council. Registered Charity No. 1065427
To apply for this role, please download the application pack below. Follow the instructions to complete it. Once completed, please send it to the email address stated in the pack. Alternatively you can email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application pack or send an A4 self-addressed envelope with 95p postage stating the job title to: The Haven Wolverhampton, 18 Waterloo Road, Wolverhampton, WV1 4BL.