Voluntary Role: Chair (Board of Trustees)
- 3 years (further 3 years on re-election for a maximum term of 6 years)
- Unremunerated – expenses incurred whilst undertaking the role will be reimbursed
- Approximately 2×4 meetings per year – Board Meetings and Governance Sub-Committee.
- Line Management of Chief Executive.
- To lead the Trustee Body in ensuring that it fulfills its responsibilities for the Governance of The Haven Wolverhampton by ensuring that The Haven Wolverhampton acts in accordance with its Constitution.
- Ensure all parties are focused on the Haven’s strategic aims, cultural development, and financial sustainability.
- To help drive forward the vital work for women and children, someone who can inspire action and someone who can help carry forward the ambitious plans for the Charity
- To work in partnership with the Chief Executive by supporting her to achieve the strategic objectives agreed within the business plan
Main tasks, duties and responsibilities:
Knowledge and Experience
- Awareness of the Strategic implications of National Policy, and the impact policy has on the progress of women rights in society
- Understanding of the issues and effects of domestic violence, abuse and of homelessness among women and children.
- Possess knowledge of anti-discriminatory and anti-oppressive practice.
- Understand and embrace the principles of Feminism, Women’s Rights, Gender Inequalities, Equality of Opportunity and work within these principles.
- Understand and accept the legal duties, responsibilities, and liabilities of Trusteeship.
Skills and Abilities
- Have excellent leadership and interpersonal skills including oral and written communication.
- Ability to Chair meeting
- Ability to speak openly on controversial subjects to enhance discussion and to enable the views of others to be explored.
- think strategically and creatively to open discussion and debate on specific issues which may create differences and challenges amongst board, staff team and external agencies
- Have independent judgement combined with the ability to challenge appropriately and provide constructive feedback,
- Ability to bring teams together and progress decision making
If you require any further information or would like to discuss further, do not hesitate to contact us. If you are interested in applying for this role please send your current CV detailing your skills and experience to: Popinder Kaur – Chief Executive, Popinder.Kaur@havenrefuge.org.uk