Voluntary Role: Board Member (Board of Trustees)
- To help lead The Haven Wolverhampton ensuring that it fulfils its responsibilities for the Governance of The Haven Wolverhampton by ensuring that the Charity acts in accordance with its Constitution
- To ensure governance responsibility for implementation of the Haven’s strategic aims, cultural development, and financial sustainability.
- To help continue the vital work for women and children, someone who can inspire action and someone who can help carry forward the ambitious plans for the Charity
- To work in partnership with the Chair, board members, and non-voting members by supporting to develop and achieve the strategic objectives of the charity.
Main tasks, duties and responsibilities:
Knowledge and Experience
- Awareness of the Strategic implications of National Policy, and the impact policy has on the progress of women rights in society
- understanding of the issues and effects of domestic violence, abuse and of homelessness among women and children.
- Possess knowledge of anti-discriminatory and anti-oppressive practice.
- Understand and embrace the principles of Feminism, Women’s Rights, Gender Inequalities, Equality of Opportunity and work within these principles.
- Understand and accept the legal duties, responsibilities, and liabilities of Trusteeship.
Skills and Abilities
- Have excellent leadership and interpersonal skills including oral and written communication.
- Ability to speak openly on controversial subjects to enhance discussion and to enable the views of others to be explored.
- think strategically and creatively to open discussion and debate on specific issues which may create differences and challenges amongst other members of the board, staff team and external agencies
- Have independent judgement combined with the ability to challenge appropriately and provide constructive feedback,
- Ability to work together and progress decision making
If you require any further information or would like to discuss further, do not hesitate to contact us. If you are interested in applying for this role please send your current CV detailing your skills and experience to: Popinder Kaur – Chief Executive, Popinder.Kaur@havenrefuge.org.uk